Thursday, October 15, 2009


Nanny worked one of her folk remedy miracles again today. I dearly love them and will miss them so much when we go. Lula coughed all night last night and the one before, and so today, while I was out, Lena rubbed her up and down, back and front, with honey, then applied raw cabbage leaves she'd brought from home for the purpose. I wondered about the big sweat stains on the baby's clothing when I got home, but thought little about it until I undressed her for her bath just now, and limp pieces of cabbage fell out of her onesie. Her torso is sticky with honey and she smells lickable. And she isn't coughing. 

In other news, the Princess Kitchen opened in our living room last week and has been busy ever since. Service can be uneven (you'd better sit where you're told by the proprietress) but I highly recommend the apple tea and the watermelon ice cream, served in tiny crystal goblets.

No comments: